We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Well someone at Vogue thought it would be a good idea to ask some celebs these 73 questions, https://video.vogue.com/series/73-questions and whilst I can’t aspire to the dizzy heights of celebdom, I was asked by http://www.suefoster.info to take part.
So grab a coffee and if you have the time and inclination, here are my answers!
1. What is your usual Starbuck’s order?
I don’t ‘do’ Starbucks, but in a café, it would be a one shot flat white. Strange how I hardly ever drink coffee at home, only when I go out!
2. What does your workstation look like right now?
My workstation is my pine kitchen table, sitting on a bright pink painted kitchen chair, with big soft cushion as I spend so much time here. My puppy is asleep in his bed under my ‘workstation’!
3. All-time favourite food?
Roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, but only a home made one.
4. Favourite author?
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I think it has the potential to be very dangerous, it’s not for me.
6. Favourite video game?
I have never played a video game and feel no overwhelming desire to ever do so!
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Crips and Hummus dip with a glass of Barefoot Merlot
8. Favourite film?
I’m stuck in a time warp, I still love Love Actually
9. Favourite book?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram, but I still don’t ‘get’ how people make fortunes, someone tell me how to do it.
11. Desktop or laptop?
I have 2 Laptops, both drive me insane, I’d love to get one all singing, all dancing replacement. Maybe when I’m making hundreds from this blogging lark, I’ll treat myself.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
It’s never as bad as you fear
13. What project are you working on right now?
Reviving my blogs and stupidly starting a new one.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades at school?
I was only OK. I only concentrated on subjects that I enjoyed, which was English, I didn’t see the point in learning about algebra as I knew I’d never use it again for the rest of my life, and I was right !
16. Dream job?
Sitting on a sunny Spanish terrace, writing all day.
17. Played any sports?
I played netball at school, but generally I do not participate in sport now, and besides my knees would complain too much
18. Do you have a degree?
No, it was more important to go to work and gain some common sense and life experience.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to do?
I like writing about life, funny situations, and everyone is entitled to my unsolicited opinion!
21. What do you like to collect?
I don’t collect anything, I like to travel light, although some may say I collect old newspapers and magazines just for their interesting articles that I will ( but probably won’t ) read later. I couldn’t possibly comment on that.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Confident, Capable, Independant
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
24. Who was the last person you dmed?
25. What’s on the top of your wishlist right now?
To go back to Spain.
26. Hogwarts House?
Harry Potter is just one of those things I’ve never got into, but greatly admire JK.Rowling for her brilliant idea and making it happen.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None, I am weirdly OTT about them, cannot bear to see them on otherwise beautiful young girls. My own daughters have never had one, and probably never will. They’d be too scared to come home. They are both over 40!
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
An opportunity landed in my lap, which I’m trying to make the most of as it is time limited.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
It was actually last month, but I had a lovely unexpected holiday in Spain with an old friend and we just chilled out, all week.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
So far, I had a lovely dog walk with my puppy and my daughters dog, along with 10 others, in our local playing field.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Unconditional love, from either a man, or failing that, a dog.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
Any holiday, anywhere.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to most?
A mature Bridget Jones, sadly without the men
35. Do you like surprises?
No, I hate surprises, I like to be prepared.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
My daughter and family once came to visit me in Spain and I had no idea they were coming, people arranged it behind my back.
37. What’s a surprise that’s made you cry?
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
I’m not very creative with surprises, I’m never sure if they will like what I might surprise them with, so I don’t give them. Coward.
39. Do you like muffins?
No, I’m not keen, too much of one taste in one too big a cake!
40. Do you cook often?
Yes, I cook every day just for myself.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
A good Tiramasu
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Egg Custard. Bleughhhh!
43. Cake or pie?
A home made blackberry and apple pie with custard, cream and icecream!
44. What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Garlic Mayo, well it’s not like I’m going to be snogging anyone’s face off.
46. It’s 4 am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I’d have tea and biscuits.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
No thank you.
48. Best animated film?
Ratatouille, I prefer kids films to adult films.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I’m not easily impressed, that’s the problem.
50. The best thing to do on a first date?
Dog walk, if they don’t like my dog, there won’t be a second date!
51. The worst thing to do on a first date?
Go to the cinema. All that silence. So awkward.
52. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy can use on a girl?
I have no idea, pick up lines would make me feel queasy.
53. Best comic book character?
I don’t read comic books.
54. What are the three things that are always in your bag?
Purse, glasses, phone
55. Favourite drink?
Flavoured Gin and Tonic
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
Someone who went into battle, I couldn’t be Florence Nightingale, all those missing limbs….yuk.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
Sushi is too suspicious for me. What is that stuff all about?!
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
60. What kind of foundation do you use?
I’m not precious about make up, any thing will do.
61. Blow-dry or air dry?
Blow-dry, but why does it never look the same as when the hairdresser does it.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I love Mary Quant.
63. Favourite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
All the things I should have done today whilst doing this
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I rarely watch movie’s.
66. A movie that made you cry?
None that I can recall.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be?
I’d have to be Dolly to Kenny in Island in the Stream, it’s the only one I know the words to all the way through.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Mr Blue Sky. I hate the grey sky of England.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t have one.
71. The person you want to have coffee with?
My Mum who died when I was 17
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
I’d like to drive through France in a camper van, with no time limit
73. Best way to decompress?
Dog walking in a country lane, followed by a Gin and Tonic and reading the papers.
Thanks for reading this missive!
I’d like to tag Kaye at www.charityshophoppingandotherthings.co.uk
title image courtesy of www.thefrenchnumber.com